JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
With the muddy season coming up, I went out and bought a washer at Lowes Hardware Store., It's a 1400 psi Karcher, very quite and very powerful and very light, it came with 3 attachments. One is a brush, one is a osculating pin point ( will strip the paint off your car ) and a two stage wash and rinse nossle.( prefect for the bikes ). It also has a hose that you can stick in bucket of your favorite cleaning solution.

Anyhow very cool and only $184.00

Thought I would pass it on

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We've been thinking about picking one up, too.

Is that one electric, or does it have a generator?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It's Electric, cord is about 20-25' long, spray hose is about 15'

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I've had one of those Karchers for about a year. I bought the one without the little carrying rack, though. It's about $50 cheaper, and the same unit otherwise. The washer is very effective, especially that rotating nozzle; that thing will hurt you if you get your hand in front of it.

I have had a lot of trouble with reliability. I'm on my fourth unit now. On the other hand, Loewe's has been very good about simply replacing it. I just take the thing down, in the original box (so save the box and everything else; staple the receipt to the box), and they give me another one. The first one lasted about three months, then started to leak. The second and the third would cycle on and off while you were not using the wand, and only lasted a couple weeks each. This fourth washer has lasted about eight months, with no problems. I have already saved the purchase price by avoiding the car wash.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
I had the same problems as JMD, 3 units in 6 months. Bought one of the Karchers gas units with a Honda motor, it has been MUCH better, no problems.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
I have a kodiak, no problems yet, this is built a bit better that the Karcher"plastic when they should be using a steel parts" so I've been told.
Simonez makes the identical machine "same company" go figure. They are about the same price and psi as the Karcher. They also have a gas model also. I know a few people who have had problems with Karcher the electric one. not the gas powered

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom