Boot

Jun 11, 2002
Anyone got a good way of preventing goggles from fogging up so much? One that really works? I've heard that double-walled lenses are over-rated.

Seems that whenever I stop riding my goggles fog up because I'm hot and sweaty from working so hard, and they take ages to clear again.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I dont know how to prevent fog, but I bought a set of Quick Straps and I can easily take off and strap back on my goggles with one hand. They are awesome! They come in super handy when you are hot and sweaty and just crusing down a fire road and you just reach up and un strap them and they unfog and your face gets some fresh air. Here is a pic of them. http://www.thebellstore.com/Accessor/quikstrp.html

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
Double walled lenses do help but not in extreme humidity. In my paintball days this was a big problem. What we did was kind of wierd. We went to radio shack. Bought a micro fan, and a little switch. We cut a little hole in the to edge of the gogles and zip tied the fan so that it was sucking air from inside the gogles. We zip tied a 9 volt battery to the side and wired it up. it worked very well. Very durable if done right. Never tried it with MX gogles .

Boot

Jun 11, 2002
Interesting option Kyle. Thanks for the link. Do they use velcro or some kind of button to attach to the side of the helmet?

Boot

Jun 11, 2002
Gladiator -- radical stuff! I like it, but sounds a bit awkward and heavyfor the confines of a bike helmet...?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Boot, there is a clip that you mount the the right side of your helmet (adhesive) which the strap clips on to the helmet. On the right side of the helmet there is an adhesive velcro pad that you stick on. On the quick strap there is the other piece of velcro that sticks on. I've had the goggles come un velcro'd twice due to tree branches, but no big deal, just reach up and stick it back on.

The ultimate in no fog: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/product.asp?Dept=61&ID=2846 :)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I bought some Pro Grip goggles with the anti-fog lenses and you know what they actually work and work well. I haven`t had them fog up yet even when riding in the rain.

Steve

spikes

Jul 12, 2002
Quickstrap is the best idea, but if you do a lot of riding before you buy it, try washing the lens in washing powder. A mate of mine told me about it and it works reasonably well. Just rinse off and let it dry on it`s own for the next time you ride.

Fuzzy Dice

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2002
Has anyone tried Rain-X® Anti-FogTM Aerosol."Eliminate interior fogging when there is precipitation falling, high humidity or changes in temperature." I know it's made for windshields but would it work for goggles? Just wondering

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
You guys ever hear of SCOTT or SMITH NO- FOG CLOTHS. Down here in the deep south, the humidity is a killer. :uh: Just remember to BREATHE on the lens BEFORE you wipe with the cloth. :yeehaw:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Double lenses work fine (out here...humidity not a huge issue). Pro-grips double system works great. So do Smith's. Scott's turbo lens does a good job.

Washing or coating them AFTER washing with alcohol helps some.

If ANYone doesn't have quick straps already...I don't believe it!! There are actually riders that still have that ridiculous strap going all the way 'round their brain-bucket!? Man...I'd HATE that! You have GOT to get a set!!!

Not only can you detach them easily, but you can REattach the velcro with the goggles either to the rear or top of your helmet. At 'rest stops' or when you don't want 'em, they are securely positioned in a place that won't collect mud (in the back), and can be reattached with one hand (left or right, your choice depending on how you put the stickies on. Lose your clutch or throttle...pick one) easily without stopping.

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
That's nice if you have any goggles other than SMITH WARP's. Quick straps do not work on these goggles. :yeehaw: QS's are a good idea and I think they work great ..... :eek: BUT, I don't think I am going to buy a new pair of goggles just so I can buy a new strap, just to fight fogging. I have had good results with no-fog cloths. And come to think of it, I don't know of any rider on the Pro MX circuit who has any. Ride hard !! :aj:

KDX'r in IN

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2001
My progrips haven't fogged on me yet. Gladiator mentioned his paintball days, we used to use baby shampoo on the lens and it worked pretty good. Once again I don't know if it would work for MX

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom