Prince William and Harry to ride across Africa

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I would think some crf250x's would have been a better choice for going that far. I bet you thier butts and backs willbe pretty sore.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I totally disagree Joe. It's kinda hard to argue with a bike that's as rock solid as well.... a rock! Air cooled, electric start and low seat height should make it a darn good choice. I doubt they are going for a speed record and they are only doing about 110 miles a day so having the fastest thing out there would be less important than having the most reliable thing out there. Good for them I hope they make it all the way it would be a great adventure for them to share!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
talk about a sales hike for 230's in england, and main streaming the sport of off road over there. this is kinda cool for sure

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I guess you're probly right Pantless One. I doubt they'll be on anything less than a groomed trail, probly mostly dirt roads. It is cool that people will get a glimpse of how fun our sport is!

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
_JOE_ said:
I doubt they'll be on anything less than a groomed trail, probly mostly dirt roads. It is cool that people will get a glimpse of how fun our sport is!
mideastrider said:
I think it was something like 72 river crossings and 1500 hundred miles in 2 weeks.
Link
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...nd-harry-to-ride-enduro-africa/?&R=EPI-103429
Patman said:
... they are only doing about 110 miles a day
MCNDaily said:
Prince William and Harry to ride across Africa

By Michael Guy

09 October 2008 09:31

"The royal brothers will have to cope with extreme temperatures, some of the world’s most demanding terrain and up to 14 hours in the saddle each day."
RM85rider123 said:
I wished they had this on T.V.. I hope they don't break down!

How about YouTube2006?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0A4xVW8Sjw

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Yeah, I guess you're probly right Pantless One. I doubt they'll be on anything less than a groomed trail, probly mostly dirt roads. It is cool that people will get a glimpse of how fun our sport is!

Yahoo said:
They will face steep inclines, race down down slopes and go over 72 river crossings. William said they were prepared to fall, having "packed their armbands."

Ha according to Yahoo it will be tough :nener:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
arm bands?

water wings?

waterwings.jpg

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
XRpredator said:
arm bands?

water wings?

waterwings.jpg

That

is

SO COOL. lol i knew i forgot something when i bought all my gear, boots, chest protector, etc.!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have no doubt it will be tough, lots of nasty jungle trail, open savana, river crossing with erroded banks... It just won't be 14 hours a day every day. All the more reason to have an easy going bombproof putt-putt under your butt :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom