polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
I went to the CycleWorld motorcycle show in Long Beach this weekend and picked up a very well engineered skid plate for the CRF450R. The show was basically a street bike show, so to my pleasent surprise there was an outfit called ProArmor that had a CRF450R with the best skid plate I have seen yet! Best of all the show price for it was $39.99ea (I picked up 2 - one for my brother). It is made of thick aluminum and mounts utilizing the existing bolts on the bike (No clamps). It fits perfect and is flared on the bottom frame area for better protection. They are located in Huntington Beach, CA (714)848-9083 or www.proarmor.com

nifty450

Nov 12, 2001
did you get your skid plate directly from pro-armor or from a dealer , because I just went to their wed site and they want more than 50$ for one which is still a good deal compared to simular carbon fiber products(it looks trick to). thanks for the info.

polyesterpig

Nov 21, 2001
Pro Armor skid plate

I bought it at the trade show this last weekend, thus getting the trade show price. $50.00 is only $10.01 more bucks than I paid. Talk to a guy named Alex (ask for the trade show price)?

hope this helps

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
Nice and clean, but it doesn't protect the engine cases that stick out. The stock plastic "ears" didn't last 5 minutes into my freinds first ride on his favorite rocky trail!

Top Bottom