Problem with 03 yz250

hitch22

Jan 17, 2005
Ok here's my story. I have an 03 yz250. I went riding over the weekend and it just rained the day before. My bike ran strong when left the house. After a while it started losing power then it would be fine again. It also stalled on me a couple of times. I took it back and changed the plug in it. It seemed pretty wet so maybe it was just fouled. Iput a new plug in and it seemed to run fine and then beleive it or not it happened again. I not really sure whats happening because i havent fouled a plug in sooo long and it happened twice in one day! :think: I run it at 40:1. im pretty sure its not the gas thats the prob. My airfilter was fine not clogged or anything. Is it possible that maybe somehow water got in the engine? I dont know. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for reading

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
try replacing the spark plug cap. my friends KX 250 did the same, and he thought it was the jetting, but all it was , was the cap, it wasnt giving full spark, so making it get too wet, and stall out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…