Problems with my 2000 KX250

EpikKaos

Feb 21, 2017
Hi all. Wondering if any body here can provide a bit of enlightenment about this...... So, I took my bike out today and as I pulled in the clutch and went to upshift, my bike died. I kicked it over and it started but as soon as i pulled in the clutch, same thing. This time return I went to kick it over, it felt extremely stiff, almost as if it were seized, in a sense. It was very difficult to kick over a third time but I managed get it to start one more time. This time there was no compression at all and every time I pull in the clutch it dies.
And ideas?
I am being told it may be something with the engine going bad. I hope this is not the case.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Did this happen all of the sudden or has there been a steady decrease in power leading up to this? It sounds like you seized it at one time and have lost a lot of compression (would explain if it happened all of the sudden) or it just plain wore out and lost compression (explains a steady decrease in power over time). When was the last time you changed the top end? I'd say you need to tear it down and take a look. Sometimes the steady decrease in power is not that noticeable since it happens slowly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…