Problems with my "new" used bike.

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
Ok i bought a 2001 Yz 125 two days ago and im having a few problems it ran fine while we had it at his house. then i got it home and started it no problem but i ran out of gas so yesterday i went to walmart and got some 2 cycle oil and 4 gallons of premium gas. I was told to put 32:1 in it so i mixed it up and put it in there. I went to start it today and it started first kick but i got half way down my street and it bogged out and died, and when i was riding it i opened it up all the way anf it didnt seems to have as much power. we got it home and it would not start. i read the oil container and it said it was for air cooled motors. could that be the problem? the spark plug was black but it had spark so i wiped it off and out it back in. any help would be great. Thanks Phil BTW i live in chicago and its a little cold.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Put a new plug in it. Sounds like you fouled it. Try running a little better oil too.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Use a higer quality premix, mix up some new gas, pop a new plug in there and see how it goes. If it does it again it is probably a jetting issue that will have to be sorted out.

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
ok so i put a new plug in it and it started first kick and runs great witht he mix i have in it. im gunna burn this tank and mix up new stuff. here in chicago its about 30 degrees and i keep fouling plugs any idea why i keep fouling. when it doesnt start on fisrt or second kick i just keep kickcing could that be fouling it? Thanks, Phil

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
if you want to use walmart premix, use pennzoil multipurpose ive used it for years. humm, you keep fouling huh? one thing i'd do is clean out the carb including the choke and check to see if your silencer isnt clogged with a hornet's nest, clean the air filter, and check your kill switch in case any wires are grounding against the bars. also check your reed petels maybe check to make sure you have the right plug, you may can even use a hotter plug...

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
blueflash said:
Maybe oil seperation with the cold temps? Try shaking the bike before starting it?

You might wanna warm up the powerband first as well! :laugh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey are you still fouling plugs? What plug are you running in the bike? I always ran BR8ES's in my 01 YZ 125, as did most of my race buddies in their YZ 125's. For some reason, the YZ's never seemed to like the stock plug (9 heat range).

Top Bottom