Procircuit pipe nothing more than a stock copy?

sparkycr250

Feb 9, 2002
Are Procircuit pipes nothing more than a stock copy? I heard this today and am really anxious to hear some opinions???? Speak up

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
At least on Hondas It wouldn't suprise me-their pipe designs are very efficient. The aftermarket pipe thing is really not much of a performance item as much as it is a cheaper alternative to stock when the stocker gets dinged up. And depending on the bike, they are sometimes lighter.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000

i agree. on my hondas, i always run the stock pipe as long as possible before i replace it. i put a pc pipe on mine last month after the stocker finally got too many dents in it.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I do the opposite. I immediately take off the stock pipe and save it for when I sell the bike. Same with all of the stock plastic, especially if you are going to put on aftermarket graphics anyway. That way, when you do sell the bike, you can make it look brand new, without spending money at a time when you don't want to invest anymore into a bike you aren't going to have much longer.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Sparky I hink it might be a stock copy in the sense that it mirrors the smooth power delivery of the stock pipe, but there is more power everywhere with the PC pipe, and more snap off the bottom if you use the PC shorty silencer, I did notice that the guy who wrote that comment doesn'y ride a Honda and thus I feel the quote may be attributable to extensive magazine reading instead of sddle time on the CR. ( I think I read the same thing in a MXA review of 125 pipes).:confused:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by BEEF706
but there is more power everywhere with the PC pipe

Only in their advertising :D

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by BEEF706
NOT TRUE also in my head:moon:

Then you got your money's worth.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Don't know about the 2002 pipe, but the 2000 and 2001 pipes were different from stock (please note, I said different, not better). If they made an exact copy of stock, I might even buy one ;)

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
I wish the PC pipe was a copy of the stock Honda pipe. Smashed the stocker and the PC pipe doesn't feel quite as strong. I've also had problems with the platinum pipe cracking on the weld seams. Not sure if it's an issue with the coating process ,weld procedure or just my bad luck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…