250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Well, I dumped my bike again today (ouch), but the most damage done was to my big beloved two-stroke pipe. Landed on a rock and put a nice big dent in it, and smushed it right back against the frame, making it a little flatter than it was before. I am so sick of pipe injuries.My bike is a '94 WR250, and I think the pipe on it is stock. It is just black, old, dented and bent, and says on it " for closed course competiotion only" or something like that, and a bunch of other stuff. It doesn't say what make it is, so I am guessing it is stock. It bends like crazy, and dents super easy.

So my question is, would an aftermarket pipe (maybe an FMF ??) be any sturdier or better, or any different at all than the stock one? Or should I just stick with the old one, but put a pipe guard on it? My pipe is bent and dented, but I have seen much worse, I may not need to get a new one, even though I WANT to. OR should I get a new pipe, AND a guard for it? How useful are pipe guards?

And does anybody have any experience with the FMF Gnarly pipe? Would it be good for me?

Any advice would be appreciated,
thank you
250girl

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
FMF Gnarly is thicker, but will still dent and bend (I mangled mine). Your best bet is to get a new pipe, and get a guard for it. Don't bother with an Eline carbon fiber guard or one of those cheasy aluminum ones - neither keep the pipe from bending. I can't remember the guy's name, but there's a guy in the okanagan that builds pipe cages. These suckers are awesome and you'll never worry about mangling a pipe again.

Top Bottom