Yamablue

Apr 23, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong. There should be approx 1'' of free sag without a rider but with gas. There should be approx 3.5-4'' of sag when sitting on the bike? I do trail riding and the odd jump.

Does anyone know where (in canada, pref. BC) progressive rate front fork springs are available, or who manufacturers them. I am interested in the softness up top and the stiffness as you near mid-full compression. (for '93 kdx 200 inverted forks)

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if these questions have already been asked.
Thanks

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1. You are not wrong.

2. They have to come from canada? I'd have no idea about that. Nowhere, I'd guess. As many outfits sell springs, there are only a few that actually make them. I think race tech sells progressive springs. Don't know why they wouldn't ship to canada. I'm sure they require US$.

3. I'm not familiar with the '93 USD forks. As a general point, though...other kawi conventional forks have a too short spring and a too long spacer. In the newer H models, oem spring length is 470mm or so and the spacer is around 90mm! With a 530mm spring (xr400 honda) and a suitable spacer, I ended up with exactly what you ask about..soft on top, stiffer in the middle.

With an oem length aftermarket .40 spring, I could feel every pebble the front end touched. All that went away with the longer spring.

If your oem spacer is anything like the H model kdx...I'd look into changing it, with correct spring of course.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom