garrygriffin

Sep 17, 2006
I'm totally new to this so please be understanding. I'm attempting to get my nephews PH 50 Yamaha (year unknown) running. It appears to have a Mikuni carb and I suspect the carb needs cleaning (bike won't start, good strong spark). It was running some months back but has been sitting. Prior to sitting, it was getting harder and harder to start.

Before I take the carb apart, can anyone tell me what the starting settings should be and how to adjust it once I put it back together?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TCpapa

Jul 8, 2006
The factory manual recommends the air screw to be 1 3/8 turns out. When you clean out the carb be sure that the jets are cleaned and you can see daylight through them. I cleaned a carb on one I bought 3 or 4 times before I got all the junk out. Compressed air helped the most. They are really quite simple and there aren't many parts in the carb. Once you get it apart it should be easy for you to do again and again.

greenjoka

Sep 20, 2006
What do I need to do to get the oil tube off of the carburetor to remove the carb for cleaning? There looks like there is some type of bandclamp keeping it on. Have people just cut the clamp and used a traditional spring clamp when replacing it or does it just slide off with the clamp. I don't want to rip the hose.

Top Bottom