pdq

Apr 2, 2002
My sons 80 runs good ,but holds back as if its way to rich. Any sugestions on jeting or other mods ?? thanks to group.

scairns

Sep 19, 2002
I just bought my son a 91 PW80, I don't know what has been done to it but it goes good and will pull my 200 pound ass from a stop in second gear no problem. The plug reading is perfect !!!

As you can see I am happy with my purchase. I have read on other treads that changing the main jet one leaner did the trick. A sugestion to run Motul 600 oil in the injector as well, I am going to try that but am currently running whatever the previous owner had ??? blue.

Good Luck !

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Stupid question maybe, but did you pull the speed limiter constrictor washer out of the pipe?

pdq

Apr 2, 2002
Yes I pulled the exhaust resticter out after his firt season. I think I will try moving down a jet size and switching to Motul oil. I am not looking to make
this a race bike ,just think a 2 stroke should have a little more zest...Thanks
again to the group and this forum!!!

scairns

Sep 19, 2002
Try dropping to a smaller front sprocket as well.

I am diffinately going to do that, we had a great ride this weekend but it
was very apparent on long rocky uphill trails that lower 1st gear would be useful. Other than that the PW80 is perfect for him, if he had a clutch the riding we did would not have been possible for him. Pretty advanced trails that his friends PW50 could not manage. Not enought juice.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom