wd_trst

Dec 31, 2007
I just got a 3built remote kill switch for my son's PW50 (he just started riding @ 4). Although I have not tried to instal it (this weekend), has anybody here installed one before and where did you mount it and the battery?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Just tie a rope to the tube under the rear fender and jog behind him for a while. Tons of kids 4 and younger riding them without the remote kill switch contraption.

The keys are to use the throttle stop. Use the power limiting exhaust washer that comes stock. The bike will barely crawl with both installed and adjusted. Your kid could literally go faster on one of those battery toy bikes from wally world.

We used these methods for my 3 year old year old. We used training wheels for about 1 month and then ditched it. I needed the excersise anyways, besides...just because you kill the motor does not mean the bike stops! The rope method you can slow the bike while coaxing the rider to use the brakes.
Put the bike on the center stand and practice revving and braking to get used to it BEFORE letting him ride. Practice for a few minutes every time you go out for a ride. Little junior will pick it up right away.
These methods took my 3 year old from the pw to winning some national moto's, several national podiums and a Factory ride with Polini. He's 8 now. don't under estimate your little guy. They will surprise the heck out of you.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I mounted the box behind the number plate on a TTR50 and just hooked it into the battery due to the fact that it is electric start.

wd_trst

Dec 31, 2007
Jasle said:
Just tie a rope to the tube under the rear fender and jog behind him for a while. Tons of kids 4 and younger riding them without the remote kill switch contraption.

The keys are to use the throttle stop. Use the power limiting exhaust washer that comes stock. The bike will barely crawl with both installed and adjusted. Your kid could literally go faster on one of those battery toy bikes from wally world.

We used these methods for my 3 year old year old. We used training wheels for about 1 month and then ditched it. I needed the excersise anyways, besides...just because you kill the motor does not mean the bike stops! The rope method you can slow the bike while coaxing the rider to use the brakes.
Put the bike on the center stand and practice revving and braking to get used to it BEFORE letting him ride. Practice for a few minutes every time you go out for a ride. Little junior will pick it up right away.
These methods took my 3 year old from the pw to winning some national moto's, several national podiums and a Factory ride with Polini. He's 8 now. don't under estimate your little guy. They will surprise the heck out of you.

I did enjoy the running behind him, but that won't work once I put my gear on to ride. Even if I did take off my boots, it would be impossible to run in the ctis. I know that the bike won't immediately stop and those are some great ideas (some of which have been employed), but the wife would feel more comfortable with it.

Unfortunately there is no room behind the front number plate due to the oil tank (which I'm considering removing) and I need the battery.

Thanks for the input guys

Top Bottom