weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Quad Revelation - Good Folks Don't Always Finish Last

Through out life there moments and people who make lasting impressions. This weekend was one of those.

We hosted another Atlantic Grandprix event. Motorcycles Saturday, Quads Sunday. Again the motorcycles were fun to watch. Scott Rich just ran away and hid..as usual. This guy has speeed that would do well at the National level. I've seen more than my share and Mr. Rich is one of the best I've seen at Cross Country / Hare Scrambles type racing and he's a really nice person as well. Nice combination. We were fortunate to have him here and I hope to see him at our future events. (My wife liked his OTHER truck better....) It would be fun to see him venture to the western events. My bet is he doesn't realize how good he really is. He needs a little national exposure. Kawasaki I don't think you realize what you have here!

Many here who know of me realize I'm a motorcycles biased type ... not as interested in the Quads. A variety of reasons why. Not worth the time to go thru the reasons. Probably being older and spending a life on motorcycles is reason number one.

This weekend may have been a turning point. We had a reasonably good turn out for Quads..considering Broome Tioga, Thunder Ridge, and Speeds Ville were all holding races this weekend..we acually did very well with the motorcycles as well. (Dale may dissagree).

On the very Sunday RC was winning Championship number 15 while yet again proving he's the best on the planet at his game, we had another racer who's one of the best in HIS game showing his colors. That was Chis Borich. This young racer is both at the top of his game and is a real class act. While leading his race, he was the first on the scene after another racer had crashed hard. This fellow had flipped his quad and was badly hurt. Chris showed his class when he stopped and helped the fallen rider to get his machine right side up and started so he could ride out of the woods for help. My wife and I hope Dave will heal soon and get back out where he belongs..racing right side UP!

After spending a short time around Chris after the race, it struck me that this is NOT your average young man. I quickly realized his character was what any parent would dream to have in their own kids (requardless of age). His actions on the track were not a fluke but just the way he works. The entire racing community needs more people with the same depth of character. Kuto's to Honda for recognizing that blend of talent and class. By the way this guy is amazing fast. Honda couldn't have a better ambassedor for both the sport and the brand. Worked here..and I'm pretty hard core (He can ride a motorcycle pretty well too)

Experiencing this series of events and watching the other 70 or so Quad racers this weekend was really fun for myself and the others from our town who either helped or came to watch. This is a turning point, as this old man has lost his angst relative to Quads after Sunday. I credit Chris for being the catalist and I hope more who enjoy motorsports are blessed with the opportunity to see this guy race.

I also want to thank Norm, Eric, and Jason for the amazing track they designed and built for this event.
Great weekend. Great race. Great people .. BOTH days. And yes Quads will be welcome back...after this weekend I would be honored to have that group of racers back here next year.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds like you had a pretty good event Walt! I never thought all quad riders were bad people and now you have proof. There are jerks in all walks of life and it's good the hear that some good ones are there to represent quads and bikes.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I did a search for him... it came back with Moose sponsoring him so I sent them an email directing them to this thread and commending them for supporting such a fine person. They answered back rather quickly that they were proud to do so.

Top Bottom