question about radiater inner fins?

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
on my bike. in the middle of the radiater theres 4 plastic fins that are sappose to derect air in but some one told me i should take them off for more air flow in the radiater?? is it safe to do this, or no?

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE RADIATER COVER OR SHROUD IM TALKING ABOUT THE PLASTIC FINS IN THE MIDDLE?

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
You wouldn't get much more airflow, I wouldnt take them off though because if anything flys up and hits it, youll probably be buying a new radiator.

Rockey5000

Mod Ban
May 6, 2002
I don't think that you should remove them. Don't the radiator shrouds collect air and the rad. guards which are angeled toward the shroud help direct it into and through the radiators?

Luke Davey

Mar 8, 2002
When you look at the bike from front on you cant see the radiator cores, this is because the fins are designed to stop roost/rocks from coming in contact with the cores, it is also because the air comes in at an angle from the scoops on the side of the bike. Does anyone know the restriction that the devol guards create to the air flow over the radiators?

Luke Davey

Mar 8, 2002
When you look at the bike from front on you cant see the radiator cores, this is because the fins are designed to stop roost/rocks from coming in contact with the cores, it is also because the air comes in at an angle from the scoops on the side of the bike. Does anyone know the restriction that the devol guards create to the air flow over the radiators?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Leave them on unless you plan to install the radiator guards. I experienced no cooling differences between the stock, plastic fins and the devol radiator guards (sans fins).

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
One other radiator fact. Shops that sell refrigeration supplies also sell what is called a fin comb. It straightens the bent fins. They cost about 5.00. They are very handy for those lost moments while changing a spark plug!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom