CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I just picked up a 02 CR w/ the 265cc kit installed on it. Is this a standard kit in terms of the porting specs (are they all the same for that year, or is it custom for each rider?). What type of power characteristics did it produce if in fact a standard kit? Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
CR Swade said:
I just picked up a 02 CR w/ the 265cc kit installed on it. Is this a standard kit in terms of the porting specs (are they all the same for that year, or is it custom for each rider?). What type of power characteristics did it produce if in fact a standard kit? Thanks

IF it's one of Eric's kits then the porting is specific to the rider requirments.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yup, it is one of Eric's kits (unless there is another Eric Gorr out there), according to the previous owner it was for low-end and increased pull throughout RPM. Was installed August of last year and had a power valve/piston clearance problem, so Eric gave him a new piston and cylinder. It also has the FMF SST pipe, I'll know how it runs after picking up the bike next week. Funny thing is the dude can pull outrageous gearing...he is running a 15/50, so the jug must be pumping some ponies out.

Jumo 628

Jul 12, 2004
FM did the 265 kit and the low/mid porting on my 01 CR250. The result was perma-grin and loads of torque and power on call. I was astounded at the rusults and pitied my pals with thier stock jugs. Unfortunately the frame broke in half a week ago. Maybe the torque was just too much... just kidding...

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom