mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Hey, been a while since I've been around but got a quick car question. Can/Would it be alright to wax a car at around 30 degrees F? Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and sunny but a little cold. Would it be a waste if it snows and salt gets on it? Thanks. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it wouldn't be a waste -- it'd offer up some sort of protection from the salt and whatnot -- but it would be difficult at 30 degrees. I'd see if I could get it inside somewhere above 60 if possible. Wax don't like it when it's cold.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
The wax won't dry at that temp. and that's really the only problem. I'm a carwaxing nut. Use to was my car too much!hahaha it's addicting!!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Depends on the type of surface protection you are going to use I would suppose. So many people confuse "wax" as in carnuba wax with some sort of blended or fully synthetic surface protection. Read the directions and see what they say for your chosen product.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Like my dad who taught teenagers biology for 42 years always told his students...."If all else fails....read the directions!!" ...as Patman said...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom