Quick dump question

dwoodfin

Jun 13, 2006
Recently at an off road race I saw some people with home-made quick dumps made out of pvc. Anyone got any information on how to make one of these? I've done a little searching but with no luck.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Quick fill. It's a special spout for your gas can that has an automatic valve that opens when you push it into a gas tank. Sorry, I don't have drawings of how to make one.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I think that is called a "dry break" system.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
dwoodfin said:
Recently at an off road race I saw some people with home-made quick dumps made out of pvc. Anyone got any information on how to make one of these? I've done a little searching but with no luck.

I thought a quick dump was what Pred does every morning after breakfast?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
BSWIFT said:
I think that is called a "dry break" system.
Not necessarily. The dry-break is a high-tech system, but there is also a low tech version where you still unscrew the gas cap, but your gas can has a valve in it so you don't worry about spillage.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
SpeedyManiac said:
Not necessarily. The dry-break is a high-tech system, but there is also a low tech version where you still unscrew the gas cap, but your gas can has a valve in it so you don't worry about spillage.

lets just call it a redneck dry-break :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
HajiWasAPunk said:
I thought a quick dump was what Pred does every morning after breakfast?

The coffee and bran muffin diet, eh?

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
well, I know for a fact that pvc does not dissolve or soften with gas.
It would be easy enough to make one, go to your local home depot, and figure out what parts you need.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
shau8 said:
hi people do any of u no were i can by a pitbike in ure country

If you want to know about pitbikes, the first thing you are going to do is search for a thread already covering the subject. If you cannot find one, post a new thread, in the appropriate forum (general/off-topic or the pitbike forum). :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…