Quicksilver National Enduro - Coalinga, CA

KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
First Enduro - National Event
Wow, What a race! That was just about the toughest event
I have ever done. Who was praying for rain, it felt like it rained
2 1/2 inches not the 1/2 inch predicted. My tent got flooded and had
a pond out the front door. Good thing I slept in the back of the Durango.

We started on the 70th minute not 54th which didn't really matter. I ran
out of gas at the 32.25 mile marker, 200 yards shy of the 4th checkpoint on
the side of a rocky & muddy slippery sliding hill in snowy conditions with what felt like 40 mile an hour winds. I had checked in at the 3rd check at 80, 10 minutes behind. I preceeded to try to make up the time by twisting the throttle a little more and using more gas. Thought I was going to freeze to death waiting for the sweeper. I climbed down in the bushes to protect myself from the wind, which helped a little bit, but not enough. I started walking up and down the hill helping people by pushing their bikes up the hill, to warm myself up. When the sweeper came by with gas, he said I was houred out and go to the 4th check point to head back with a group of riders who also houred out. He also added sarcastically" I love it when you motocross guys come out here"
It seems like almost everyone DNF'd this race except for the top A riders.
Everyone in our group DNF'd. I don't think they can get any tougher then this race. I spoke to a couple guys that completed 3 loops and they said it was the hardest race they had ever done. Glad to have this one behind me. I had a great time and learned how to prepare for the next one. Riding with only 2.2 gallons of gas on a 40 mile loop just dosn't make sense, I will be putting a bigger tank on my bike and carrying extra gas. I will not wear my vented motocross gloves and motocross jersey in the snow and rain, enduro gloves and jacket for me. I'm just getting the feeling back in my fingers. I Can't wait to do the Wild Boar at Coalinga.
Hope to see you guys at the next race.
Eric

------------------------------------------------»
Team Green Machine - FMF, WFO.

:cool:

Top Bottom