R&D's P-38 Lighting for FCR Carb. Need Advise

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Thanks for the update, Bob!

I am glad you got the same type of reusults I did with that needle. The guru who gave me the heads up on this needle is a member here. He just doesn't want the press. - Great guy though, thru and thru;) Actually Bob, he reminds me a lot of you.

Strick

Last edited:

AFM744

Dec 26, 2001
Bob/Strick-

Gosh, there's really a lot of love here. :moon:

The change back to, or close to, the old A/P settings made the bike rip/snort again today. Now I can go back to figuring out what's wrong with the nut behind the bars!
As for the D needles, where are they richer and where are they not? Seems today my bike behaved better the further up into the hills I got (i.e. higher altitude and hotter engine) so that would make me think it's still too lean...(?) And what do I do about the miserable fuel mileage? I suppose it doesn't help I like to BLAAAAP the throttle a lot instead of using smooth steady throttle. And the bike didn't like the 11mm float height either, so I went down to 10mm. Bob, Stony next weekend? Warning: I ride like a sissy, I pulled my bike off 5 hillls today, scraping the swingarm, cases and plastic all over those friendly Carnegie rocks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…