Race Gas

RideRed39

Jun 9, 2003
I have an 02 CRF and was thinking of running race gas, whether it be 50/50 or straight. I've never run race gas in any of the bikes that I've owned, I was told about it through my local shop. I guess my qeustion is, is there a huge advantage to doing this? I run stock jetting right now with a White Brothers R4 slip on. Would I need to change jetting? Right now I run Chevron 92 octane. Any words of wisdom would be great.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
From what I understand, your bike will run a bit cooler and richer. Also there will be less carbon buildup on your power valves or valves. Not sure how much richer it will run as far as jetting goes but only minor changes would be necessary.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The only reason I chose to run race gas was due to it's manufactured in smaller quantities the level of quaility remains higher, and because it costs more they can use more costly aditives. And.. It smells So nice....

We've got nastrucks and indy cars at the raceway this weekend.... Nothign like the smell of burned racefuel in the morning.

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
i would run it if I had a high rpm 4 stroke cause ive heard they last longer with a more stable fuel. of course any bike is going to run better with race gas but for me its not worth the cost.

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
I've been running premium pump gas for a log time and mixed some 50/50 with race fuel and was never really impressed with the results. This past week I ran C-12 and WOW! VP has an Ultimate 4 fuel that is supposed to be pretty good.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…