padrutt199

May 22, 2001
today my boss gave me 3 gallons of some gas for his rc car and i was wondering if i could put it in my bike or if it would mess it up. or should i just mix like a cup or two in with the regular gas. oh yea its ten percent nitro . thanks

TransAm77

Feb 10, 2002
What brand is it? Is it Blue Thunder, Trinity, Traxxas, Odonel? I run Trinity in all of my R/C nitros. You can mix it with gas, but you won't see much performance increase. I've run it in lawnmowers and cars and haven't seen a big improvement.

padrutt199

May 22, 2001
its byrons original race fuel.how much should i put in just like a cup or two? its not gonna make my bike blowup is it ? thanks

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!

r/c fuel is methanol. methanol contains water, which when added to gasoline will separate out.....water globules in your gas = BAD

It also contains nitromethane, which when burn forms nitric acid amongst other things.....acid residues in your engine = BAD (remember chemistry at school....'all nitrates are soluble', yes thats the sound of your engine dissolving!

later

bruce

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I always thought it was alcohol, which sucks in moisture when you leave it open. I ran a 50/50 mix of 25% nitro RC fuel and gas in my lawn mower. I cant say it made me mow any faster but it sure smelled good :aj:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by padrutt199
whatn should i do with it then my boss doesnt want it.i think ill have a bonfire :aj:

DONT DO THAT EITHER!

alcohols burn with a flame that you cant see, so it is a very dangerous situation when you have a fire but you cant see it! remember: INDY drivers sat at the pit stop and then they jump out of the car for no reason.....the car was on fire, but onlythey knew it since it was getting hot in there!

i would try to take it to an automotive store and ask them to dispose of with along with engine coolant/anto freeze

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
MAN! Someone get all sources of ignition away from padrutt! :scream:

Take it to the city/county yard where they have a hazardous materals drop-off. Call the local fire dept, they'll know where you can take it.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
MAN! Someone get all sources of ignition away from padrutt!

definately!

you should be able to get away disposing of it with anti freeze since they are very chemically similar and (i am lead to believe) that some antifreezes contain methanol. i think they might also put it screen wash fluid also

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom