D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
HiG4s said:
So why should RC and Bubba go over there to beat them, when they can beat them right here.

Its a matter of pride and love of country, sport, and fellow man.

Anyone watch the Tour de France? It has to be tough on the other 8 men in each team, but they do it with pride and with a common goal. We have to quit being a me society!

:ugg: I always thought this sport was bigger than this. The money will only take you so far. Look at what the money has done for the NBA and the NFL. I would really hate to see this sport end up with the same fate. I sat quietly as the celebrations began, first it was a little whip, or a knack knack, now we are doing the worm and the sprinkler. Take a look at the old NFL games from the 80s. History has a funny way of repeating itself.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
marcusgunby said:
I remember 1986 but alot of board members were not even born :yikes: lets stick to recent history when trying to get bragging rights :nener:

:nener: I wasnt looking for bragging rights, once you start that, you are only as good as your last performance. :)

My intention was to point out that a capable 125 rider could be comptetitive against any size machine on the same day. I think JBS is very skilled in the art of making fast laps.

P.S. I was my fastest back in 1986, so lets not discount all of us.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
But some people don't feel like it has anything to do with national pride anymore and we don't have anything to prove at the MXdN.

It's would be similar to having the Patriots go play the Berlin Thunder for the NFLdN trophy. ;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
i lived in kansas for nearly half a year in 1996! it was that really cold spring if you remember

lol, no--I was in San Diego, you corn-pickin, booger-laiden, tea-drinkin' Brit transplant of a chemist. ;) Plus, if I remember right, you were in that big 'ol high falootin' town of Manhattan. Too much culture for me. And that ain't Kansas any more than Sydney's Australia. Gotta come out where the real folken live!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
MX-727 said:
But some people don't feel like it has anything to do with national pride anymore and we don't have anything to prove at the MXdN.

It's would be similar to having the Patriots go play the Berlin Thunder for the NFLdN trophy. ;)

If you dont win the mxdn you cant say you are the fastest nation-simple logic.I have no problem with the US not attending, as long as i dont have to read they are the fastest on the planet wothout any proof.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But wait Marcus, you're assuming the US riders even acknowledge the GP's :p Just like the Tour, if American's decide to get serious about a sport, they will soon dominate it.

(bclapham style bait)

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
nephron said:
This is fun.

Listen. I'd rather be a nose pickin' corn-farmin' lame ass old-bike-ridin' practice rider, than frequent the Gaymart in Hillcrest to get somethin' for 'after the race' at REM. "

LMAO, now that's a guy who knows San Diego!

This whole USA vs Europe sounds like the Nor Cal vs So Cal feud. NorCal huffs and puffs about how lame SoCal is, meanwhile, SoCal is totally oblivious to the fact that NorCal even exists. It seems like all of the world's best come to America to try to make a name for themselves. Not counting a few 125 riders (America's B class of motocross), only Reed, DV12 and a select few have been able to make a mark in recent history. The rest are struggling or have gone home with their tails between their legs. Considering the level of competition, I can't fault anyone for focussing on the AMA.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
NorCal huffs and puffs about how lame SoCal is, meanwhile, SoCal is totally oblivious to the fact that NorCal even exists.

Ain't that the truth. But I do think that's a common phenomenon. Here in the oh-so huge and important world of KU vs KSU :laugh: KU is the So Cal, KSU the No Cal (Rome does it best, doesn't he? :) --sadly, like everything else, we don't get him out here).

Anyone see where the first rounds of the World SXGP are going to be? Hmmmmm...why would they do that?

Looks like NONE of the Euro's will be coming this year. :laugh: I don't remember a single one go through the 'World' SX season here last year. Maybe they tried, but that qualification thing got in the way.

Want to make bets on whether Maschio makes the entire run this year?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
marcusgunby said:
If you dont win the mxdn you cant say you are the fastest nation-simple logic.I have no problem with the US not attending, as long as i dont have to read they are the fastest on the planet wothout any proof.

okie had a great idea-dont send anyone at all-then make a film 'hollywood style' where you sent the dream team and they spanked the rest of the world real bad, after all you dont actually have to win :rotfl:

the film U571 inspired my answer-seems the latest trend nowdays-rewrite the parts of history that you dont like? :uh:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
marcusgunby said:
the film U571 inspired my answer-seems the latest trend nowdays-rewrite the parts of history that you dont like? :uh:

dude, dont even get me started on that....i watch the history channel over here quite a bit- apparently, us Brits did nothing in WWII apart from use up a few of Hitlers bombs with our civillians!!- i never knew that!!!!! ;)

its a good job we went to Iraq with them, otherwise they would still be looking for the place!!!!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
LOL latest one is King Authur i believe-seems he was now born in Scandanavia? not Tintagel as everyone has thought for 100s of years.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
marcusgunby said:
LOL latest one is King Authur i believe-seems he was now born in Scandanavia? not Tintagel as everyone has thought for 100s of years.

...and wasn't actually King, or English. :joke:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Silly Brits . . . Get your own History channel if you don't like what's on ours ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
marcusgunby said:
seems the latest trend nowdays-rewrite the parts of history that you dont like? :uh:

Have you seen the movies, "Born on the Fourth of July", "JFK", or "Pearl Harbor"? Your point is well supported.
:bang:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom