Real Boots?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
After checking all the boots at Chapparal's in San Bernadino, it looks like all boots are made for the glam motocross rides. My wife's freakin' shoes have more tread on the bottom. :debil:

When I launch the CR500 off the trail (no need to say IF), I'm gonna need all the help I can get pushing back up the mountain.

Is there a real enduro boot out there?

I was almost suprised that there wasn't a moto boot in heels:p

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
i have some fox trackers and if you've seen them you'll notice that they have absolutely no tread on the bottom. however, even in the worst mud i can find they still get sooo good of traction on the pegs and wallking. for some reason, it doesn't affect it.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I bought a pair of Vectors(Alpinestars), and they seem to be a good boot they have some tread on the bottom more than others anyways.

Matt

wizard69

May 3, 2001
The fox trackers are very good boot's I own a pair and they are good for cheap boot's.I'v never had a problem with them and traction.I'v never seen a boot with realy agresive traction.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You my friend are looking for trials boots. MX South has a good selection of them. I got the Gaerne Lampkin boots and they are awesome! The Gaerne Balance Classic is also very nice and slightly less spendy. The AXO CX is another option from the trials side. There is also the MSR World Tour Evader. Keep in mind trials boots are a bit less stiff than full on MX boots but, still offer good protection and walking comfort that is higher than most MX boots. As an added bonus you spend less time slipping. :)

(click any of the boots to see a picture)

twiggy

May 20, 2001
Boot Tread

I've seen some of the Alpinestar boots (M4s and Tech 6's I think) that were available with an off-road lug sole. I'm not sure how well they would work though, because I haven't seen any of them in person.

Jon

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Thanks for the info. I'm still an old school type (last race was 1986), so the less rigid trials boots sound like the answer.

I'd drop the cash on Tech 8's with agressive tread (I like the comfort and replaceable peg/sole).

It looks like the trials boots don't have shifter pad/protection. Do they?

Cactus Rider

Sponsoring Member
Jan 11, 2002
;) SORRY GUYS, There is only one brand you can walk or work in and is
rigid enough to give protection. SIDI

The TAE FLEX and SRS go for about $ 280,-
the AllTrack flex for $200,=

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
SMB_Racing, the boots in that pic are what I have been wanting for a long time, didn't know they existed. A boot with a sole resembling something other than those on my penny loafer's makes much more sense to me. If they make that boot and it is truly waterproof as well then I will be a lifelong customer. I can dream, can't I?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hopefully I'll have a pair of them soon, I'll write up a full test of them to let everyone know how they feel. After spinning backwards on these muddy ohio hills I need something with some traction so I can push :silly:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Think I'm going to pick up the WT Evaders from MSR today. I like the idea of having some tread.
Thanks for the tip Patman.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The Sidi's are VERY much waterproof. Dont ask for details, but I have stood shin deep in a smallish mud hole with absolutely no water making it to my feet whatsoever. That kind of feature is a good enough reason to buy these boots, let alone the gobs of protection that these boots have. As to walking, pushing, etc., in these boots, I try as hard as I can to keep my feet on the pegs and not the ground. Next you will be suggesting actually WALKING somewhere instead of riding!!! I work hard to maintain my pear-shaped figure.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
All ready picked um up.

I called most of the shops here and nobody carries the Sidi's. I actually wanted the Tae Flex. I don't like to buy anything with out trying them on, so settled for the Evader. They felt as good or better then the System X plus $50 bucks less.
I had approval for today, so had to strike before my funds got rerouted.

Maybe next time:)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Well, I finally settled on a pair of Alpinestars M4, in ATV tread. They have two tread styles: (1) wimpy moto-x and (2) knobby-like ATV style. I bought 'em at a shop at Apex in Co. Springs for $149. Not bad:cool:

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Since I don't take my feet off the pegs I don't need an ATV boot. I think they are a bad idea, if you put your foot down...well, bye bye knees.

Lee W.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
your foot will still slide with the tracted soles, ask any hunter who's slid down a muddy hill in heavily tracted boots. since more than likely your heel will be touching the ground should you put your foot down your foot is at an angle, and will slide across the top of the ground. However if your foot is flat on the ground (trying to push up a hill) there's a bit of tread for you to try and gain some traction.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…