rear brakes draging

maxigrip

May 17, 2002
i have a 2000 kdx 200 and rear brakes are draging . i cleaned every thing up but they are still draging or sticking . whats the best way to fix this problem? any ideas? thanks for any help.

cadjocky

Apr 4, 2003
Are you sure they are dragging and not just worn completely and running metal to metal? This guy I know let his pads go too low and when they went metal to metal they dragged something horrible.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
You have to make the adjustment below the brake piston (to the rear of the brake pedal). Adjust the vertical bolt so that there is less distance between the piston and the rear brake lever. Adjust until the rear wheel turns freely. that will fix it.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
If the adjustment doesn’t fix it, do a rebuild on your rear master cylinder assembly. There’s a small orifice that is plugged very easily! Been there done it! Every time JR’s bike would lock up. I had to release the rear brake with the caliper’s bleeder. It would also warp the rear rotor! $$$$$$$$ big time.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Check the pins. They corrode, prevent the pads from moving as they should. A good indication that's a problem is if your pads aren't wearing equally (thinner on one edge..like toward the top where the pin isn't doing its job.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
worn out wheel bearings also can cause the drag sensation.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…