Splitcr125

Feb 15, 2004
My 2000 Cr125's rear shock is blowing oil by the rubber at the bottom but only a bit of oil is blowed out, it stop after a small amount of oil is out. I read is a mag that it could be the inside of the rubber that is not clean, What do you think?
This suspension as benn revalved by protech. :flame:

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I can't tell from your description exactly where the leak is located; so I'll cover both possibilities here. Oil should not be in the bladder. If there is, it is more than likely perforated and needs to be replaced. Oil should not be leaking by the seal head either. If it is, you need to have the seal replaced. So either way, you need to have the shock disassembled and repaired. I wouldn't ride until you get this done. You could damage the shock and more importantly yourself if the shock get's too low on oil. If the shock was serviced recently, I would take it back and ask for a warranty repair. If they refuse to repair under warranty, take it somewhere else for repair.

Good luck.

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
I would say MX-Tex is correct, it sounds like you are seeing oil seep out of the seal head (which yes, is located near that rubber bumper). I wouldn't risk any more possible hurt to your shock shaft, shock body or piston, by eventually running it dry. If your bikes shock/suspension has never been serviced in the past between 99/2000 and now, I'd consider having it checked out and at least rebuilt.

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
heh, sorry I accidentally used JC's screen name as he left himself logged in.

I would say MX-Tex is correct, it sounds like you are seeing oil seep out of the seal head (which yes, is located near that rubber bumper). I wouldn't risk any more possible hurt to your shock shaft, shock body or piston, by eventually running it dry. If your bikes shock/suspension has never been serviced in the past between 99/2000 and now, I'd consider having it checked out and at least rebuilt.

Top Bottom