Rear Spring?

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
The XR front springs worked great! now I need a rear spring 5.2 0r 5.4 KG is there a cheap solution like the XR front spring? in other words did some come with a similar spring that would be compatiable with my 90 KDX? Thanks for the answers JOHN

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
91:
The XR400 fronts are late model...'98/newer or so. Whatever is in an '00 is it anyway. Their rating has been posted to be different by different sources. The tuner I got them from said they were .40s. NOte they are a good 530mm (oem kawi 470). Those lengths vary from time to time. As reported by different riders anyway.

Oh...it's not an aftermarket spring FOR an XR...it's the actual HONDA springs. The two are not the same thing.

There are some yamaha shock springs that work with the kdx. Don't know where you are, but richard wilson house-of-horsepower in cottage grove oreegone would know. He's in the yamaha shop. It's listed. I'm sure he'd UPS you one if you wanted. That's where I got the XR fork spring hint.

Any other tuner would know what fits, too.

Or...get a kawi spring from some 'discount' dealer.

You're basing your spring choice on free sag measurements after sag has been set? Too little free sag=too light a shock spring. Too much free sag=too strong a shock spring. You're looking for free sag to be not over 1".

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Yes I used the '00 XR springs from servicehonda.com for $62 to my door Yes I know how to measure sag too little is what I have.Thanks John

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
No offense meant. The number of times the idea of free sag and how it relates to correct spring choice has been discussed is more than a couple. That and the whole idea is generally backwards.

Cheers!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Just look at the KX bikes. If you need to, call up the PDF online catalog at WhiteBrothers website. Most all the 90+ KX and KDX bikes use the same sized springs. So you can just find the year you want and get the stock spring.

jc

Sep 22, 2001
Like matt90gt said, I had swapped my springs on a 93 kx250 to a 96' kdx200 w/no problem.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…