rear sprocket

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
iv just got my 2002 200 and love it but thinking of going to a 49 sprocket in rear is this going to make a big difference or should i go with a 50 i ride in tight trails sometimes on track .. please help

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
i run a 13/50 it's great for me on a mix of diff ridin,i don't like the stock ratio.u could just put a 12 front and get the same effect.easier to change if u don't like it....my 2 pennies

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
I went to 49 on rear of 01 200. I ride enduros and found able to use 2nd gear on tight trails. When get in trouble 1st is there to get you out. You lose some top end when in 6th at top speed. I thought about a 50 but I am happy with the 49.

Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
I also have a 49 rear and a 12 front. Its great for the tight stuff, I don't
ride fast enough on the trails to get up to 6th gear so I don't miss the top end.

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
did any body have to and anylinks to there chain my chain is stock 108 links

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
I've gone 12/46. It's just a tiny bit taller than 13/50, the stock chain length is OK, and I find that with the smaller rear sprocket there is less wear on the rear chain guide. Also, by swapping the front to a 13 you can quickly and easily have gearing that is just a bit taller than stock which is great for those wide open trails where WOT is the way to ride.
Best of both worlds!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Your drive train will wear faster using a 12t front.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Your drive train will wear faster using a 12t front.

This is a true fact. Not a factor in reality, imo.

I bought a new chain slipper when I bought my first 12T cuz I was sure I'd be needing it.

Haven't put in on yet.

After riding most every weekend..commonly 50-75 miles a ride, for over two years !! I had adjusted my o-ring chain once.

Sure, by then it was getting to be time for a change of drive train components.

A 12T front will fit with the 108 link oem chain. If you don't like it, or want to change back to the 13T, you can do it in a minute or two.

You won't be doing that with a 50T rear.

If you haven't changed your chain yet, do it. Running the oem chain is a waste of time. You'll destroy your sprockets and the chain in very short order. Save your sprockets now! Put on a decent chain.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…