phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
I recently got my bike going again. I noticed the rebound damping is kinna non existant for the first few inches of travel. I see some seepage from the rear shock and suspect low oil level is the culpret. Can I add some oil myself, or is the shock charged with gas? I've never serviced a rear shock. I'm a mechanic by trade so no repair scares me, but I don't have any equipment to charge gas nor the gas to charge with. anyone got a suggestion.............thanks and happy trails. :think:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Your shock needs rebuilt and yes, it is gas charged. New seals, fresh fluid, and a gas charge is only about $100 or so from most suspension places.

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
I went riding this weekend, I just added some power steering fluid to the shock, made a world of difference, I think I'm gonna rebuild it myself and find a place to charge the gas for me.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
phranticness said:
I went riding this weekend, I just added some power steering fluid to the shock, made a world of difference, I think I'm gonna rebuild it myself and find a place to charge the gas for me.

I think its dirt video (seach for that web address) - they sell one of eric's suspension videos....shows you how to do it very nicely....

Top Bottom