rebuilding KTM shocks?

rdlgrega

Nov 17, 2001
going to rebuild my 2001 300 EXC rear shock and put in a gold valve possably. were's a good place for information on setup. :think:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
I don't know about setup for the 300, but make your life easy and either install a bladder or put an air valve in the reservoir end cap so you can charge the shock with nitrogen without finding a shop with the special KTM contraption to do so with the stock configuration.

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
rdlgrega,

I guess the ones who produce the gold valve would be the best source for set up.
We sell the MX-TECH Works piston in kit form along with set up info. The only way to correctly service a WP shock without a circulation pump or vacuum pump would be to build the entire shock under fluid, interestingly enough, we have customers who actually do this.
The bladder(ughh) or schrader valve deal will allow you to servic/build the WP shock without the correct tooling, but you'll still have air in the shock unless you build it in one of the three above mentioned scenerios.

Take Care,
John Curea
MX-TECH East Coast

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…