dbarn

Oct 30, 2000
Getting ready to replace my stock piston with a Wisco due to the fact that I have a 220.
I haven't started yet, but read in the manual to remove radiator. Does anyone know if you can do a top end job without removing them?
also, has anyone out there had FRP do any cylinder and/or head work on your KDX? If so, big improvement? Worth the money?

Thanks!!
Dave

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
You do not need to remove the radiator. Just remember to drain the coolant before starting. There is a small drain bolt below the water pump.

Nov 12, 2002
You do need to remove the left radiator to remove the front head stay (or brace). As your tearing the bike down you will see what I mean.

Crispie0

May 2, 2002
I tried cutting corners by not removing certain items to get at the top end. I ended up removing the items mentioned in the manual anyway because they were in the way. It's faster to follow the manual than cut corners. IMO

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by dbarn
has anyone out there had FRP do any cylinder and/or head work on your KDX? If so, big improvement? Worth the money?

Go see Eric Gorr ( www.eric-gorr.com ) if your thinking of getting more out of the motor. You won't be sorry, and his prices are unbeatable. Right now he has my whole motor ('02 CR250) and I consider every pennie well spent.

spongebob8

Jan 19, 2003
I had FRP do my cylinder,head and carb. well worth the money.I have
a 99' kdx 220 the increase in power in the mid's are great got some on
the top end . Bottom got a little. Next I'm getting a pipe. Good Luck.

Top Bottom