Rec rider for a few years thinking of racing

Arock

Sep 20, 2005
Hello,
I live in Southern Utah (lots of desert) and grew up riding bikes for fun. I recently purchased a 2005 crf 450x on recomendation from a freind who rides honda's 450r. I've been wanting to do some more serious riding maybee try some enduro's or moto's at a novice level.
The bike i own is street legal in utah thanks to a baja design kit(being street legal was a requirement made by my wife, we needed a second vehicle wink wink) but otherwise stock so i am faced with the eternal struggle of the weekend warrior trying to feed and fund his addiction while not shunning his responsabiltitys as a father and husband. I am looking for ways to protect my bike (skid plates, radiator braces reg maintanence ect.) while avoiding debt. Also tips to increase speed while avoiding injury would be much apreciated. For example If someone could share a few lessons they learnd when the first started racing that would be helpful.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

For answers to your questions about technique, check out the Riding/Training Techniques - Injuries forum for good info. If you don't find what you are looking for, post up your questions.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom