Record Breaking Suzuki

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I ran across this jewel on fleabay. Buy it now for $250,000.00 dollars. A piece of motorcycle history. Is there some sort of a record for what a dirtbike sold for? I can not say I ever heard of Bob Gill before. I am not through learning!

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
On August 18, 1974, Bob was scheduled to attempt a world record jump over the 200-foot-wide Appalachia Lake in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia. Heavy rains in the area forced the postponement of the jump to August 25.

The jump was performed without the aid of a landing ramp. :yikes: He landed three feet short on the embankment of the far side of the lake. Thrown from the bike, he suffered severe spinal cord injuries that left him permanently paralyzed. UPDATE: Bob will be going to France in the Spring of 2008 for a special procedure to walk again called Laser Puncture. He has a good chance of full recovery. :cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Is that the same guy that Davey Coombs Sr. let jump the lake at his track (Appalachia Lake) and when he crashed he vowed never to let anyone do something like that again?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Bob is not selling the bike. Someone else dragged him out to verify that the bike is legitimate. 50,000 is the starting bid, last I checked it had no bidders, go figure.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Bob is not selling the bike. Someone else dragged him out to verify that the bike is legitimate. 50,000 is the starting bid, last I checked it had no bidders, go figure.

No bidders, are you Serious Clark? :)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Bob Gill, or no Bob Gill........look at the way those 2-stroke's appreciate! :whoa: That's what I'm talking about. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…