AJ, is this one of your 500's????? May need to add wings.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
March 27, 2008

Robbie Maddison Smashes Distance Record in Practice
- press release -

Maddison smashes his own world record during practice for the Crusty Night of World Records at Melbourne’s Calder Park today

MARCH 27, 2008 -- Australia’s own Evel Knievel, Robbie Maddison, this afternoon smashed his own world record, for the longest distance jumped on a motorcycle, with an astonishing leap of 346ft.

Treacherous conditions have prevented him from training all week, but after a few smaller training jumps today Maddison was ready to see exactly what his modified Honda CR500 and ramp could do.

The winds were still in the 30 to 40 km/h range but not wanting to wait any longer, he took the risk and hit the ramp.

“I have been saying all week how far I know I can jump and it is so good to go out there and prove it today. I have now broken my own record in training and I definitely have much more in the tank for Saturday night.”

Maddison was jumping in front of a host of onlookers who were shocked and amazed at the extreme distances he was going, hitting the take off ramp at almost 160 km/h, flying over 70 feet in the air and in the end jumping 24feet further than his New Years Eve jump in Las Vegas.

His challengers, Seth Enslow and Ryan Capes were watching on and now know it is going to take a huge feat to surpass the new world record of 346 feet.

“The bar has definitely been raised, it is not just talk anymore there is action behind it,” said Capes. The distances we are going to jump on Saturday night are going to blow fans minds. Maddison is jumping well, but I know I can still get him. It’s going to be a huge distance.”

This attempt will round out what is set to be an incredible evening of entertainment. As well as 17 other separate world record attempts, the event will feature an integrated pyrotechnics display and the sounds of home-grown bands Dead Letter Circus, Mammal and Kill the Capital.

Great tickets are still available to be part of history on Saturday night and can be purchased from www.crusty.com. Tickets will also be available at the venue from lunchtime Saturday. Gates open at 2pm with the first band playing at 4pm.

The Crusty Demons Night of World Records presented by Rockstar Energy Drink is definitely shaping up to the greatest event in extreme sports history. As well as hosting 18 world record attempts, the event will feature a full Crusty Demons freestyle motocross show with star riders including world number one Nate Adams and X Games gold medalist Adam Jones as well as freaks and the gorgeous Crusty Babes.

The purpose-built down-ramp which is the biggest ever constructed had its first real test today. It is 35 feet high, 160 feet long and 60 feet wide, and uses 25,000 tonnes of dirt, costing a total of $300,000 to create.

In total, the arena contains 40,000 tons of dirt and cost promoters over one million dollars to create.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Anybody have a crusty airtime, no live tv??

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 234

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Wait and see how far the KX500AF goes, don't know who'll be riding it but the KX gets the nod as far as speed.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Trigger gumm was also scheduled to be there on a CR500AF.. but is out with a broken bone in his foot.

and yeap! Robbie Maddison is on an Service Honda 2008 CR500AF
and that article is from practice the day before the jump off competition..

in the actual event yesterday ,
Seth , ryan capes, and Robbie, all went over the 300' mark.
seth at 301, ryan at 324? and
Robbie easily winning the event at 351' plus..

here's one of the practice jumps..
Robbiemaddison08CR500AF.jpg

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
i have ;)
but not nearly that far..LOL

350 feet is unreal..

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Yeah 351ft is unreal but i cant find a video of it... on google they have it but no good ones bad quality and u can barely see the guy, does anybody know were to find it?

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
not a great vid,of the jump ,but it is on lou tube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPGesepGFLE

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPGesepGFLE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPGesepGFLE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL I made my 2008 500A/F go that fast today, but wasn't hittin any stinkin ramps.

:)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Makes me wonder if there will ever be a distance that just CAN'T be done.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom