Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Hey,
I'm running 92 octane pump gas with Klotz R-50, which is red in color. After riding for about an hour with a brand new BR8ES, the insulator looks like army camo, except the colors are light red and tan. :think: I know the tan is normal but was wonder if the reddish color was anything bad, I just assumed it was from the red Klotz.
Anyone know?
Jim

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
:uh: that's really odd, ya'd think the oil would at least burn some and turn black. I use Amsoil, it's red, and my plugs are normal tan. You might want to see a Optometrist about this one ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Not from the Klotz, it's lean. Richen your mix a tad and leave the jetting alone for now. If you stated what your fuel to oil ratio was I could have helped a little more. "I mix at 40% gas to 1% oil", I would have replyed to richen it to 36:1. If the problem still exists go to 32:1 etc...

Good Luck,
Phillip

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I mix at 40:1 now, I guess I might try mixing 36:1 the next time I mix gas. I think that my main is one jet size too lean because the bike has good power everywhere, and the needle is actually a little rich and the pilot is good. Thanks Phillip, I thought that it might of been lean somewhere but the reddish color baffled me a bit.
Jim

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom