reed block on a 91 250

adam_250

Nov 17, 2006
hi all ive took my reedblock off to check all is ok in the carb and reeds,after cleaning the carb i went to put the reedblock back on and noticed an arrow on the frame,now i cannot remeber seeing that when i took it off,and to make things worse it came away from the inlet rubber so im now cluelees anyone know if the arrow should point up or down,as one my other bikes its been marked top and bottom cheerz adam

radonc73

Nov 1, 2006
I believe the arrow went up on my 93 or the guy before me put it in upside down. It looked like the reedblock was symetrical so I don't think it matters but I could be wrong. Did you have a gasket on both sides of the cage? Mine only had one and a mechanic told me the guy before me must not have replaced it. He wasn't a KDX xpert but did work on my bike before and he seemed to know his stuff. He said it may have been causing it to suck air and feel like the throttle was stuck.

adam_250

Nov 17, 2006
thanx i have put it on with the arrow pointing up,but like you i dint think it looked different either way but im new to these kdx's so i thought i best ask and from what i remeber it only had a gasket on the cylinder side cheerz adam

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…