jakeyz250

Jul 26, 2004
My 1982 yz250 has the original reeds in it. I was wondering if I could just flip them over if they werent cracked or anything. I would jsut order new boyesen reeds, but I didn't see any for that year. I haven't taken them out yet to see what they actually look like.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Are you sure they are original? The reason I ask is this. The 82 YZ's came with metal reeds. It was very common back then to buy the boyesen reeds that were made out of state of the art fiberglass.

I have never had a lot of luck flipping them. It would only last for a ride or two before they were screwed up again.

jakeyz250

Jul 26, 2004
i just took them out. And yes, I can garantee that they are original, unless somebody bought aftermarket metal ones..... haha... I didn't know they were metal until now. Would getting boyesen reeds for make a difference from the metal ones.... Because now that I look at them,, they are still tight against the reed cage..

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I remember it ab beng a fairly decent upgrade. One huge advantage was this. If the metal ones break, you have a destroyed top end. The glass reeds will not do near as much damage if soemthing goes wrong.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom