davefire24

Jul 30, 2002
I'm looking to buy new reeds for a 02 yz125. looking at the v force reeds need some input on which ones are the best and that would give me more HP.

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
You might of wanted to make the subject "reed block", but any ways. Some people swear by the v-force reed block. You can adjust them for more low end or top end. With the boysene (sp?) rad valve there isnt an adjustment. If i were you id go with the v-force rad valve. Just keep in mind, if you have the v-force on the low tension setting you have to replace the reeds more often. Probably at LEAST once a year.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep... the V-force is an awesome cage on the YZ 125's. It really makes a noticable difference. I have my reeds set to low tension - and there is a noticable gain in throttle response and the low-mid range power. I didn't really notice any type of effect on the top end power.

Shift-MX is right... if you set the reeds to the low-tension setting, you'll have to keep a much closer eye on them. Moto Tassinari warns you that if you choose this setting, the reed life will be significantly decreased (reason being is that the reeds open easier/more often). I have had maybe 30 hours on a set of reeds and found a chipped reed when I went to replace my reeds this past week. Many more intermediate-expert riders really like the high-tension setting and performance gains too, though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom