dholm

Mar 23, 2007
I just bought a 1998 CR80 and it has a FMF silencer on it (TDS-3) I think it's related to the Turbine Core silencers of today.

I took it apart to repack it and it was obvious it hadn't been repacked for a longggg time. There was a lot of packing wedged around the sides of teh spark arrestor. Is there supposed to be packing around the sides of the spark arrestor or just the main casing around the pipe? I'm soaking the housing now and am planning to get out as much out as possible from around the spark arrestor before i burn the rest out.

At first I assumed that the spark arrestor is the vortex type item at the end of my silencer, is that assumption right? I don't specifically see any "mesh screen."

Any thoughts????

Last edited:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
To post a picture on this forum you need to be a paid subscriber. What you can do, however, is to post the picture at some other web site and then put a url link to it here.

Rod

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have the FMF Q and it has the turbine style spark arrestor. I know what you are talking about. There is some packing around where the turbine is. I have never changed it and I'm not sure how to even get at it if I wanted to without drilling rivots out. It doesn't seem to make much difference with the sound level so I leave it.

Top Bottom