biopepper

Jan 27, 2002
Hi I posted earlier about loosing pressure in my brakes and I figured out that the master cylinder is leaking. I have a 99 kx 250. I was thinking about just replacing the whole unit with a magura hydraulic brake. Should I do this or try and rebuild my old one? If I do buy a new one there are two different kinds one for a piston diameter of 11mm and one for a piston diameter for 10.5mm. What one is correct?(if the magura brake assembly would even work). If I decide to rebuild it should I just order all the seals and stuff like that from a oem kawasaki dealer or are there kits that already has all the parts I need? Hope someone can help me. Thanks

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Not sure about Kawasakis, but on other bikes I've had (YZ, CR, even KTM), it's a cheap and easy fix to order a m/s rebuild kit. Probably 20-30 bucks and 1/2 hour and you're done. That's what I would recommend.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I just rebuilt the rear on my 98 KX 250 and it took all of 10 minutes and 15 dollars. I can't see why (unless you are filthy rich) you would replace the master cylinder instead.

Top Bottom