Dano104

Sep 17, 2005
This may require a lengthy response and I doubt it will receive much attention; however I'm going to try anyway.

Would someone mind putting together do it all/repair it all dirtbike tool list?

Your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Dano104

Sep 17, 2005
bro... I don't even own a bike yet; however I really plan on it. Christmas is around the corner, I just thought I would get my list out! :)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Combination (open end and box end on the same wrench) metric wrenches from 6mm-19mm, 21mm, 22mm, 24mm, 25mm, 27mm, 30mm, 32mm.

1/4" drive sockets - 6mm-14mm
3/8" drive sockets - 10mm - 19mm
1/2" drive sockets - 12mm - 19mm, 21mm, 22mm, 24mm, 25mm, 27mm, 30mm, 32mm

Associated drive tools for above. Recommend you get the sliding t-handle for each size.

Torque wrenches, 3/8" and 1/2" drive at a minimum. 1/4" optional.

Set of metric allen wrenches. Full set, plus a smaller set of t-handle allen wrenches.

Full set of screw drivers including torx

Pliers, diagonal cutters, needle nose pliers, large adjustable wrench, safety wire pliers

Chain breaker, exhaust spring puller (make it out of a coat hanger).

Above is the minimum in my view. More specialized tools required if you are going to rebuild your own engine and suspension.

Others will think of the things I left out. Look in the Sears tool catalog to find most of the above. Safety wire pliers can be found at Harbor Freight or at your local MC shop. The chain breaker tool should be at the local shop as well.

Have fun.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom