retreving aim buddie list?

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i deleted my sn and i cant remember the password. how the hell can i get my buddie list from that sn on a new one? i tryed the aol "forgot password" thing and i havent receved an email yet so i think i used a diff email when i made that sn. can i go through some files and find the names of my buddies?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
The buddy lists are stored online, so unless you can figure out your passoword, I don't thnk there's any hope. In the future, you may want to save your buddy list every once in a while.

Jeremy

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by cr25096er
damn. you think there is anyway i could go through aol to get the password?

Haha, good one cr25096er! But seriously, Steve Case goes to my church, I'll ask if he knows who was on your buddy list

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
There should be some files that you can open with txtpad and decipher your buddly list out of. I will try and find its location, Ive done it before.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Look in a folder called

" Application Data/AIM/ " There should be a folder in that directory named <your AIM screenname> In that folder you should see a file called "userinfo.bag" Open that using "open with..." and use notepad. Its a little scrambled but you can decipher your buddly list names from it.

Also, I believe that the 'application data' folder is hidden, so you need to change your folder properties to 'show hidden files' beforehand.

Also, you should be able to do START -> SEARCH files or folders and enter that screenname.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…