Reuniting with the KDX family, looking at a 01 KDX220

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'd like to lower my kdx. Problem is the yz forks are taller than stock, and I have them as far up in the clamps as I can just to get back to stock(ish) geometry. If I lower the rear with links, well......

I have a hard enough time with the front end washing out as it is. Thinking of shaving the seat, but i'm not sure how much there is to gain from that.

denbsteph

Mar 9, 2009
Delayed post on reporting the suspension mod. The bike rides about the same, the front end is of course a little stiffer. No unwanted sudden launching from the seat. Since the bike has been dropped internally 2" it does not have that sudden front end rising throughout the gears. I just have to move back a little on the seat, then she pulls wheelies at ease. As far as confidence goes, it is night and day. I can hit the tight trails with confidence, I have not tipped over yet, but West Virginia still waits.

Speaking of West Virginia, a bunch of us are planning on being up there July 21 thru the 24. We will be riding the Outlaw trails. We will be a mixed bunch of riders, 4 wheelers, bikes and I believe there is going to be a Razor with us. Right now the count is at 14 riders. We might even hit Southern Exposure the first night we get there, lots of TATA'S!!! If you see a KDX with what appears to be a kid riding it, in that group, more than likely it will be me. Stop over and say hey!, we might even have a beer for ya!!

Top Bottom