RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
My manual tells me most of what I need to know for replacing my fork springs and shock spring so Im gonna do it. I have a 2005 RMZ450, should I do a revalve while I have it apart if so what valve do I get and were do I get them, also what is the best fork oil, Rob Reynard of Reynard Mods. was telling me he uses a thinner oil that makes it smoother but is more prone to leakage. Also any other comments or suggestions are welcome. btw Im setting it up for mx

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
It all depends on what you want to do on the bike, your weight and what type of terrain you are going to ride. Its not just a valve, you could revalve (a series of shims on either side of it) your stock pistons but most suspension shops install there own design of piston and valve those accordingly. As far as the oil I'd bet you could get as many suggestions as to what to use as there are brands of oil!

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
I have been doing a lot of research on this and I can have my suspension rebuilt, revalved, new springs (for my weight) seals and oil for $450 done locally, I cant even find all the parts for that price.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom