Revalve

TNUTT

Jul 18, 2002
I attempted to revalve my forks. I got to the point of taking the compression assembly off. I realized that I didn't not have the right side allen socket. I went to many places trying to find the correct side but had no luck.

I am working with Kayaba forks on a 2002 cr125. I believe the size I need is 14m/m. If anyone can please aqdvise where I might find this part please advise or if this is the incorrect size.

thanks

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I had the same problem when I did my forks, I found a 14mm Allen wrench in a set at the local Harbor freight store. Not sure if they are in CA. I had to cut a 2-inch piece off the bottom of the wrench. I used it with an impact wrench to take the compression valves on and off. The nice thing about using the impact wrench is you don’t have to buy any Fork Cartridge Holding Tool. :thumb:

Last edited:

JohnScott

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2001
I found a threaded rod coupling that was about 14mm then used some sand paper to get it to the perfect size. I just use the rod coupling in a 14mm socket with an impact wrench. They're real cheap.

John

MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
Get a 14mm head bolt and nut, thread the nut onto the bolt until it`s flush with the end of the bolt. Tack weld the nut in place on the bolt, now you have a 14mm allen bit to use in a socket.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…