soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
I had to replace my rear brake line, and in doing so of course needed to bleed the brakes. When I open the bleeder valve on the back brakes, I am not only unable to suck any fluid through, but when I try to reverse bleed them, the fluid cannot even go into the caliper when using a syringe. It is almost like it is sealed somewhere in the caliper. When I took the line off to make sure there was no blockage in the caliper, I was able to blow air and fluid straight through. This obviously means it is at the rear line junction. :bang:

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? I used the 2 washers, one on top and one below of course, and tightened the screw down pretty snug to avoid air leaks.

Any assistance would be appreciated. :ugg:

MOTOX888

Dec 3, 2005
When you are trying to suck the fluid down you are only sucking air because air is leaking throught the threads of the bleed nipple. To fix this just simply unscrew the bleed nipple out of the caliperand simply put enough grease on the threads of the bleed nipple to keep air from being sucked in. Works like a charm!

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Actually it isn't sucking anything - it is unable to pull air or fluid through the caliper. I will use your idea though for sure once I can get it to bleed. :)

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Take the nipple out and look very close at the little hole at the caliper end , I've seen them rust and get clogged several times on cars!! Use a small drill bit or wire to run through it.

soniccascade

Jan 8, 2006
Did that - the bleeder valve is clean, and when I remove the brake line from the caliper, I am able to push plenty of air and fluid through the bleeder valve and out the caliper where the line connects. All logic points to the brake line fitting where it goes into the caliper. It is a brand new Russell line though, so I am having trouble thinking that is the issue, but clearly it has something to do with it.

Any other ideas???

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Did you buy the line assembled,or did you make it. I've built many fuel systems for race cars using braided line,when putting the ends on you have to take speacial care not to collaps the line!! maybe this is what happened,it's the only thing I can see!

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Does the junction for the line have a hollow bolt with two copper washer that go through an eye at the end of the line? If so put the bolt/washers in the eye and hold them tight with your fingers and try to blow throw,maybe thats where your clog is??

Top Bottom