Review-Hyde Developments Glide Plate

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Well guys it arrived today and ended up costing about $90US including shipping. First impressions are quite good, the plastic is a lot stronger and flex resistant than I thought it would be. By doing a very advanced and technical "twist, flex and punch" test on it I concluded that my knuckles hurt. :bang: So I guess its pretty hard for plastic really. It's similar looking and feel to shroud / fender plastic only much harder. The mounting brackets and bolts are all stainless steel and very good quality. The instructions are a bit vague but I will soon update this post with fitment details and a full ride report with photos. I'm thinking about making a fibreglass mould from the plastic one but I'm not sure whether it possible for me to do.

Watch this space. Should be updated this weekend. :cool:

hunter1

Feb 27, 2004
The manufacturer is in South Africa and I installed one on my 04 200 some months ago. The problems encounted were;

1. The rear mounting screws were too short, approx 5mm.
2. The oil drain plug did not line up, this means removing the plate evey oil change or making the hole quite a bit bigger.

I had no joy contacting the manufacturer to inform them of this, I gave up leaving messages with secretary after the second call (my expense). All said and done it is a strong product.

hunter1

Feb 27, 2004
Something I forgot to add, I had to shave off quite a bit of plastic, the rear brake pedal does not depress all the way down because it hooks up on the glide plate. Once that was done had to shave some more off because the toe of my boot hooked up in the same area but more forward of where the break lever was catching. Please post your findings, I may have been given the wrong plate although the guy at the shop said it was for a late model kdx200.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Mine has "KAWASAKI HP-SG-8 KDX 200" moulded onto the inner side of the plate. Check to see if yours does. Im fitting it tomorrow so I will update soon.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom