magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
We ride every week if any of you are interested. For some reason my links keep getting deleted and accused of being spam ?

How in the world could making people aware of local riding be considered spam. The site we all hang out on makes no money off it ? Whats the big deal ? Is the owner of this site competeing for members, lol how retarded is that.

Motorcycle riding thats why i come here and thats why i go to other sites as well. Thumper talk, allthingsmoto.com and Nevada offroad . I go to nevada offroad because the funny thing is i live in nevada and want to ride with other people that actually live here too. Crazy i know but its true.

http://nvoffroad.no-ip.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=pnphpbb2&file=index

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Where is johnson lane?
I may do Virginia city. My schedule is very race heavy though and I may take that weekend off.
I live in Hollister, Ca so it's a long way to Reno, but I love Moonrocks.
Do you ever ride Pine Nut? I will Probably do the Honey Lake WORCS race.

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
Pine Nuts, are Johnson Lane :) about 5 miles past highway 50 west( that being the one coming down from tahoe) on 395 going south towards gardnerville, to Johnson lane interesection turn left , continue on johnson lane till the pavement ends. If you are going to show up you can go to the site i posted and get our staging area directions or i can post them here. Saturdays have been advanced single track riders, and sundays have been more of a family style ride. Johnson Lane IMO has alot more riding then Moon Rocks, so if you like that, then you will love J lane and we seem to know are way around pretty wild, so come on out !

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
Had another great ride today at Johnson lane. 7 people showed up this week. We are planning a trip to forest hill next weekend, or next monday. If anyone from DRN rides, feel free to respond :)

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Do you know how much snow is still up at Forrest Hill?? I'd like to ride Pine Nuts sometime.....I hear it is pretty good...

Rick

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
I am not sure about the snow. I am guessing its going to be close to the same condition as we have been riding in the pine nuts. Areas that had 2 feet last weekend were dry this weekend. I know the west side of the sierra typically gets more snow but its been so warm i think most of the area will be open. Do you know of a contact number for forest hill ?

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Mag,
I've been racing every weekend. I won't have a free weekend for a month or so. Have you ridden with anyone from this site?
We should be able to get some people together for some april Sierra rides.

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
Hi Angry jim,

I have been trying to get some people to join us from this site, but no takers yet. I have riden with alot of the guys from the Northern Nevada site that i posted on the begining of this thread and we have a good time. I can't believe there is no one on DRN that has wanted to come out yet. This thread is finally getting a little more active so hopefully some of the guys/girls will join us. I live on the North Shore of Tahoe and we do have some legal single track riding very close to my house. Also the prosser lake area has some trails. The snow is melting fast up here so as soon as the trails open i would be more then happy to show some of you what we have here to ride :)

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forest Hill, All the lower trails are open. The bad news is i guess the recent fires trashed trail 6 and it won't be open until next year when they get the funding to repair it according to the ranger i spoke to today

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Magnet711

Does Pine Nuts have alot of single track. I love the tight washes at Moon Rocks and the single track going through the short pine trees. The whoop hill climbs are a blast. If Pine Nuts has obvious single track that is easy to find and explore I am in. I like long single track with fun obstacals. I hate dirt roads.

doug
www.tortoiseracing.com

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
The Tortoise said:
Magnet711

Does Pine Nuts have alot of single track. I love the tight washes at Moon Rocks and the single track going through the short pine trees. The whoop hill climbs are a blast. If Pine Nuts has obvious single track that is easy to find and explore I am in. I like long single track with fun obstacals. I hate dirt roads.

doug
www.tortoiseracing.com

I too am not a big fan of road riding, in fact i downright despise it :) The Pinenuts do indeed have alot of single track, alot of sand wash, some big long whoop roads, some connector roads that are relatively tight, some big sand hill climbs, and it covers alot more ground then moon rocks. Our average loop is 35-40 miles.

We are riding on saturday and i believe at this point we don't have any beginners going so it will be a single track day for sure :) You are more then welcome to join us

Regarding the Nevada offroad website, I will pass your compliment along to the owner of the site :)

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
magnet711

This Sat I am busy and Sunday off to Elkins Flat if open. The next weekend I'm off to Spangler Hills. This is near Ridgecrest. Great Riding. 58,000 acres of open terrain. Trails or no trails. You can ride into Randsburg for a beer or shake. It is legal (sort of. the cops look the other way and there are around 200 bikes in town on a weekend). Then ride alot of desert.
The weekend after is busy (Newport Beach) Then I am free the next weekend, then the Sawmill Enduro. This is a fun enduro. Middle Creek, near Ukiah (Upper Lake, Ca)

So enjoy. We will hook up in the future. I will keep eye open. For trails in CA look at http://www.tortoiseracing.com (Nice opening video of my son. Family off road site) Go to Places To Ride. The ones with the maps have Working Flashing on them. I need to scan more maps for more areas.

doug moore

magnet711

Feb 14, 2004
The Tortoise said:
magnet711

This Sat I am busy and Sunday off to Elkins Flat if open. The next weekend I'm off to Spangler Hills. This is near Ridgecrest. Great Riding. 58,000 acres of open terrain. Trails or no trails. You can ride into Randsburg for a beer or shake. It is legal (sort of. the cops look the other way and there are around 200 bikes in town on a weekend). Then ride alot of desert.
The weekend after is busy (Newport Beach) Then I am free the next weekend, then the Sawmill Enduro. This is a fun enduro. Middle Creek, near Ukiah (Upper Lake, Ca)

So enjoy. We will hook up in the future. I will keep eye open. For trails in CA look at http://www.tortoiseracing.com (Nice opening video of my son. Family off road site) Go to Places To Ride. The ones with the maps have Working Flashing on them. I need to scan more maps for more areas.

doug moore

Hmm sounds busy. I am off to sea starting mid april and i will back on land end of september, we will have to hook up then and ride some of these places :)

smithers

May 9, 2003
The Tortoise said:
magnet711
The next weekend I'm off to Spangler Hills. This is near Ridgecrest. Great Riding. 58,000 acres of open terrain. Trails or no trails. You can ride into Randsburg for a beer or shake. It is legal (sort of. the cops look the other way and there are around 200 bikes in town on a weekend). Then ride alot of desert.
doug moore

Hey Tortoise, I am one of the guys from nvoffroad..have riden a few times with Magnet. Funny you talk about riding in the Ridgecrest area. Thats where im from...cut my teeth on riding the desert there as a kid...Let me know when you plan another trip to that area...it would be good to hit the ol stomping grounds again. :thumb:

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Smithers

I'll let you know. Very fun place to ride. They are closing up many areas with chain link fence around Camp C and Camp A southeast of Randsburg. Still good trails in the hills around Randsburg. The Spangler Hills riding area is 58,000 acres and is wide open.

doug

Top Bottom