Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
My dad finally caved in. We went riding in the rain. About 5 minutes after we left, light rain began to fall. It only got heavier as we neared Muenster. Luckily, it let off just long enough to unload the bikes and suit up. So we get on the bikes, and take of flying down the creek. A buddy on a quad went with us, and he wanted to see what all the talk abaout this creek was all about. This was a mistake. So here we are, in 40-something degree wether, in the rain, flying through the creek, and my dad doesn't hold his feet up at the water crossings. We turn around were the quicksand starts, and take a trail up out of the creek, but our buddy isn't behind us. He's never been there, so is probably lost, so we go back down into the creek, and fly along until we find him. Again, my dad doesn't hold his feet up. We go back to the truck as the rain picks up from a light rain, to a heavy rain(it rained all the time, just heavier some times that others). My dad gets off his bike, and realizes he has an inch of water in his boots. "Yeah, my feet are cold, but lets go for a ride" he says. Our quad buddy stays behind to play on the beach while we attempt to go for a quick ride through the woods. It's impossible to avoid all the mud puddles, and most of them are only a few inches deep, so we just wheelie over them. We're going along pretty quick, when my dad dissapears into a mud puddle that looks a few inches deep, but is really about 4 feet deep. I stopped a few feet behind him, but it was tough to turn around. I wrestled with my bike to park it while he sunk his further into the mud. The ground was so muddy everywhere that I couldn't find a place to put my kickstand down. I was about ready to turn the fuel off, lay it down, and go help my dad when he finally got out, by getting into the "puddle" and pulling the bike out. Now he's really wet, and it starts to rain heavier. His silencer was 2 inches under water, and the entire thing is filled with water. We took off towards the truck, and I can't even see, because of all the steam pouring out of his silencer. It stops when we make it back to camp. I take off to put around while he takes his boots off to pour the water out. He decides his feet are so cold, he doesn't want to put them back on. I took off for one last putt-putt trip around the beach while he changed, got in the truck, and turned the heater on. Luckily, our new truck is a 4x4, because the grass field was a mud pit. On the way out, my bike fell over in the back of the truck, and we had to get ot and fix it. When we got home, we attempted to wash the bikes in the dark, but realized this morning that we didn't do such a hot job ;) We washed off all the gear, and put the bikes away. Nothing else interesting happened after that, and nobody got hurt, so I guess it was a good trip :eek:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
..... We're going along pretty quick, when my dad dissapears into a mud puddle that looks a few inches deep, but is really about 4 feet deep.
...... When we got home, we attempted to wash the bikes in the dark, but realized this morning that we didn't do such a hot job ;) We washed off all the gear.

Well it sounds like you boys had a grand time.
Regarding washing the bikes .... if that ol' power washer is acting up and taking up too much space in the ol' garage, I'll be glad to keep it at my place.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
All things considered, we did have a blast.
And about the pressure washer, its not acting up, but the sun was. It starts going down around 6:00 now, I wonder what the deal is? :confused:
Its not taking up too much space in the garage, either. We've designated a corner in the garage just for it, and if I remember right, you don't have much room in your garage either ;)

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Stan, my son and I had a good time at Muenster today. It was a little warmer than yesterday and not raining. Still muddier than heck though. Riding through the creek was a blast. I'm glad I stopped before hitting the quicksand wherever that was. How do you get to the river from the covered picnic table area?

Toby

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
nobody got hurt, so I guess it was a good trip :eek:

That's the way I always look at it ;) If nobody got hurt and the bike didn't break, it was a successfull trip! :thumb:

John
Formerly 2001yz250

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Stan Flemmings (who really isn't!!) - Great report!! The whole time I'm reading, I was picturing you with the power washer, cleaning your poor Dad's bike off for him! Wow, you fellas really got into that mud!!

Natalie

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I was picturing you with the power washer, cleaning your poor Dad's bike off for him! Wow, you fellas really got into that mud!!

Hmmm, Stan wasing MY bike, that is a good idea, but I have yet to see it happen. :p

Yes, the Power Washer AND Pro Clean were very welcome additions to a muddy day of riding. Thanks to DW02 and Generac and Mully and .....

And Stan was right, Tony's garage door would probably not shut if you were to add one more motorized device in there. :silly:

Top Bottom