mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Hello again, I was wondering if I should purchase a pair of riding boots. I've been using Army boots that work really well, but I am afraid I might screw up my leg or ankle. I tried a friends pair and I seem that they are too "bulky" and uncomfortable. Should I just force myself to wear them to be on the safe side becuase my friend that used to race said they are A MUST.

Let me know Thanks Guys

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mmz77 said:
And I ride mostly woods (crazy hills), and I'll go to the track when I can

Yeah, get the boots.. You'll get used to them pretty quick and once you do, you will feel really funny not wearing them when you are on your bike.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
I was at the shop today there are great deals on the Berik boots right now. $175.00 for the RC top of the line model :cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Boots and helmet some kind as well as gloves are a must, add knee shin guards because they can be inexpensive. Then a full chest/back protector. Always wear a long sleeve shirt and sturdy pants. Get the cool ones when you can... if you care to.

Take it from someone who has done it... it sucks looking at your bike while your broken :whoa:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yes, get the right boots, a few rough landings in the combat boots, and you will understand why. I also had a friend take a peg to the shin once wearing combats, riding boots would have probably prevented the scar.

mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
I wrecked hard today and what's funny about it is that I got my boots yesterday. I would have broken my ankle or leg if I hadnt put them on. Of course boots dont help prevent twisting of your knee. That's why I'm barely walking tonight, I have a good limp and the wife is pissed. I'll be riding tomorrow after church if I can walk.

Yz250FinAZ

Dec 15, 2003
Go for the boots, itll help out more in the long run

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
mrliquid said:
Of course boots dont help prevent twisting of your knee. .

No, but knee braces do! I know $$$$ but I had to say it ;)

mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
LOL I ordered a set last night!!!!!!! I couldnt sleep all night because whenever I rolled over my knee would burn like fire. I hope the knee braces keep this from happening again.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool:

Hope you feel better soon!

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
Boots should be your 2nd purchase after a helmet!!!

Yeah, they're stiff and the soles offer little traction when walking but they are designed to keep your feet and ankles safe from the normal off-road impacts.

I'd wager most of the folks here have had at least one foot hit that they are amazed the foot/and or ankle survived intact.

I wore combats for 4 years, not riding, but doin' my duty and they aren't all that great for that either.

DennisKirk.com has Thor Quadrant boots in their outlet store for $27.50 right now. Cheap insurance!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
One of the best.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Boots are a must, I wish I was wearing mine yesterday. I was just screwing around so I didn't put them on, but I endoed the bike in 3rd gear. I came out ok, but my shins and calves were all cut up and covered in welts. If I had been wearing boots I would not have even the slightest scratch or bruise.

My handle bars and front fender are another story.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom